Putting it to the Test
Monday, March 19, 2012 4:00 PM
On March 15 we achieved another milestone; Leviathan completed its first test run! The train looked great as it raced around the track. We captured video of the test run using an HD camera attached to one of the front seats of the train. Check out the POV video on our YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/_x1b2FAK500. The successful run set the stage for continued testing over the next several weeks in preparation for the first riders.
Since the last update we have completed a great deal of work in and around the Leviathan site. The following work has been completed:
• installed all three trains onto the storage tracks
• verified all electrical inputs and outputs to the ride computer
• completed the track alignment and bolt torquing
• completed the fencing around the ride
• begun much of the concrete curb work in the bus lot and the main guest lot
• completed the pneumatic work
• completed the station roof and guardrails
• completed 80% of the station wall cladding
• completed 80% of modification to the west entrance of the arcade building
Don’t forget to check out the new construction photos in the gallery.
Director, Maintenance & Construction